- Works in close collaboration with physicians and therapist personnel in patient evaluation and treatment to further their understanding of significant
social and emotional factors underlying patient's health problem.
- Helps patient and family through individual or group conferences to understand, accept, and follow medical recommendations.
- Provides service planned to restore patient to optimum social and health adjustment within patient's capacity.
- Utilizes community resources to assist patient to resume life in community or to learn to live within limits of disability.
- Prepares patient histories, service plans, and reports.
- Participates in planning for improving health services by interpreting social factors pertinent to development of program